Introduction and Scope
Security, Confidentiality and Access Controls
Sources of Personal Information
Fiserv and its service providers may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- You (including information you provide in your registration process for this site, your enrollment applications, or similar forms, and your use of the Program);
- Your financial institution; and
- Other sources, as permitted by law.
Types of Personal Information Collected
The Personal Information that Fiserv collects from or about you may include some or all of the following:
- Identification Information - information that helps us verify your identity and authenticate your access to your Program account information and services, such as name and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number, drivers license number, mothers maiden name, password, secret question and secret answer;
- Contact information - information we can use to communicate with you, such as postal addresses, telephone and fax numbers, and email addresses;
- Application Information - additional information you provide to us on applications and through other means that will help us determine if you are eligible for services you request;
- Additional Profile Information – information that you may optionally provide in various places throughout the site, such as your favorite activities, interests and hobbies, and whether you are a homeowner;
- Transaction and Experience Information - information about transactions and account experience, as well as information about our communications with you, such as account numbers, account balances, payment history, account usage, accumulated points and information regarding your rewards redemptions, and your inquiries and our responses;
- Consumer Report Information - information from a consumer report, such as credit score and credit history;
- Eligibility Information from Other Outside Sources - information from outside sources regarding employment, credit and other relationships that will help us determine if you are eligible for products you request, such as credit card balances and other verifications; and
- Other General Information - information from outside sources, such as data from public records, that is not assembled or used for the purpose of determining eligibility for a product or service.
Information Use and Sharing
Fiserv may use Personal Information for the purposes listed below and may share Personal Information for these purposes with your financial institution, Fiserv affiliates and service providers (possibly including parties located outside the U.S.), and providers of Program Member benefits that you have requested. All nonaffiliated companies that act on our behalf and receive Personal Information from us are contractually obligated to keep the information we provide to them confidential, and to use the Customer Information we share only to provide the services we ask them to perform:
- To complete transactions and render products and services authorized by you (such as sharing the information with a redemption service provider as necessary to allow the provider to redeem points for merchandise or other rewards, and to send messages to you related to the authorized products and services);
- To send you information about additional products and services that have been or will be offered through this site by Fiserv and others, although you may opt-out of receiving commercial email marketing messages from Fiserv by following the opt-out processes described in "Options Available to You" below;
- To perform fraud screening, to verify your identity, to verify the information contained in your account, collect on accounts, and prevent unauthorized persons from accessing your accounts;
- To comply with laws and regulations, including compliance with court orders or lawful instructions from a government agency, to protect the personal safety of subscribers or the public, to defend claims, and to protect rights and property; and
- As otherwise authorized by you.
Options Available to You
The following options are available to you:
- If you believe that Program records contain inaccurate or incomplete information about you, please notify your financial institution to correct any inaccuracies.
- If at any time you would like to stop receiving uChoose Rewards marketing and promotional email messages, you may go to the uChoose Rewards "Profile" page and change your email preference. Alternative instructions may also appear in individual messages that you receive.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
Compliance with Applicable Laws
Fiserv complies with applicable laws and regulations pertaining to information about you, including U.S. federal laws pertaining to "nonpublic personal information" and "consumer report information." Fiserv also complies with applicable state laws, which in some cases (such as California and Vermont) may impose additional requirements for residents of those states.